Centrino vs Pentium M4

If you have to use a laptop for your CAD program, which processor should you choose?

Thanks \

GR

Reply to
GR

E-Machines just released a laptop with an Athlon64 processor. I'd check out that one. Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

Devon's suggestion is a good one.

Pertaining to your original question; "Centrino", by definition, is a package of components including the Pentium M processor, the Intel 855 chipset and wireless 802.11b network capability. There is no "Centrino" processor per se.

The Pentium M 1.7 processor is roughly equal to a P4 2.4 for "business" applications. I haven't seen any benchmarks yet for CAD work.

Reply to
Bruce Wirkkala

Thanks, I will check it out :)

GR

Reply to
GR

Thank you Bruce,

That was information I did not find on the Intel site. It appears a little silly to market both the M and the Centrino with little or no price difference. Oh well..

Thanks or your input Devon and Bruce

GR

Reply to
GR

One Laptop mag puts the Centrino 1.7 at 10% more efficient than the 2.6 Pent

4M and battery life 25-30% more.
Reply to
Clanger