Chained holes along sketch.

I have a sketch that I want to chain some holes along. The holes fasten a lid, and I would like to arange the holes at an equal 'chord' length along arcs and straight lines. Some time ago I saw this feature demonstrated in Solidedge. From memory, I think you could specify min and max distances between holes, and it would populate as many holes as required. If you changed the sketch lengths, it would add or subtract holes automatically.

Has anybody tried to do something similar?

Reply to
Dom

doesnt exist in SW however you can fit a spline to the chain add a curve driven pattern with equal spacing and even no. of holes - experiment a bit with the distance option to see about how many you need or measure the spline length if you are smart about how you set up your sketches you can change the egde distance etc etc fairly easily and also change the box dimensions HTH

Reply to
neilscad

I ended up making a composite curve from my sketch, and using the pattern along curve feature. This worked OK, and I think will save me some time in the future.

Reply to
Dom

ha ok I forgot about composite thats better than fit spline :o)

Reply to
neilscad