Evenly distribute feature(or point) across line(or path)

I need to even distribute holes in a feature in several ways.

Basically I need to put holes evenly spaced along the width of a tapered rectangle in several locations along it's length. (hence it is not easy to do by handle because of the taper)

I have planes that cut the rectangle in the places along the length and now need to put holes that are coincident with the plane that are evenly distributed.

I have no idea how to go about this except manually and I don't want to do it that way.

Any other easier way to do this?

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Create a sketch on the face and use that sketch for the curve driven pattern. Check this picture

Deepak

Reply to
Engineer

Deepak

-------

No, I need the program to figure out the distance along the curve between the two edges of the feature.

Your picture, for example, is not correct because the last hole is halfway off the feature. What I need would be for the 9 holes you have to all be equally spaced on the curve(or line in your case) and from the two edges.

So in some sense curve pattern could be used if the proper spacing and initial distance was chosen properly. Well, actually, if the initial hole's arc is chosen to be tangent to the first edge and the last hole tangent to the last edge(but both outside) then it would work.

I'll play around with it though and see if there is a way to use the curve pattern tool.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter