New Reference Point Feature in 2004

There is a new reference geometry feature in 2004 called "Point". It has an interesting function that allows you to put a point on a sketch and give it a percentage value to determine it's position.

I thought someone might find this handy for animations along a path...

Just open the file and hit rebuild to see it animate.

I must warn everyone that there is a bug in that if you edit the definition of the point, the dimension changes from a percentage to linear units (inches, mm etc.). The dialog box still shows percentage however when you enable annotations and look and the dimension, it is linear.

So be careful, my equations will fail if you edit the points!

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Here is what it looks like for those of you without 2004 yet...

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

thanks for the movie Mike that's kinda neat really : )

Reply to
neil

Yeah, new point feature, just thinking out load,..I wonder if the new loft control connectors would benefit from a similar %/value control?

Otherwise, kewl buck rogers example! 8^)

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Thanks, I miss the days when we used to post examples of stuff on a regular basis. I've been too busy lately.

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson