Macro Features

Has anyone found any good uses for Macro Features?

Reply to
Mike Thompson

Check out

Mike has an example of what you can do with'em. I had an idea to get an always-up-to-date 3dSketch point at the CoG using a macro feature, but never got around to figuring out how get the macro to delete the existing 3D point before putting in a new one.

Reply to
Jeff Norfolk

I had an idea to get an always-up-to-date 3dSketch point at

Why did you want to replace it? Wouldn't that break any references to the CG point?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

BAM!

This one only works for parts though, but it's a good start. Simply create an unconstrained 3D sketch point and run this macro.

It will re-position the point to CG and update it with each rebuild. Keep this as the last feature in the tree.

Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Cause stuff in my 'sembly either moved or changed and I wanted the CG to always be updated so I's nothavsta manually delete the 3Dsketch and rerun the macro. More of a 'I know the CG point is always up to date' rather than a 'Now did I update that CG point? Oh well, I'll do it again.'

Mike,

The CG macro I was gonna hack was the one found on Matt Lombards online macro library. I actually was ignant and didn't realize that this was a part only macro. I used it on an assembly, which appeared to work. Please don't tell me that the macro doesn't put the point in the correct location in an assembly.

Reply to
Jeff Norfolk

jbn snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Jeff Norfolk) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I guess I wasn't clear. I understand that you want to update the position of the CG. I just didn't understand why you want to replace the sketch point with every update rather than move an existing one.

Reply to
Dale Dunn