2004 New features

What is the new "Reference Point" good for?

I cannot add sketch relations to it. I cannot create reference planes or axis from it.

Am I missing something?

Reply to
Jacob Filek

Good question. I explored that very notion a few weeks ago...

It's your typical half-implemented (or half useful) new SolidWorks feature they are so famous for. It sure would have been nice to have the "Evenly Distribute" feature be associative (similar to the Curve Driven Pattern feature). That would have been VERY cool.

Heh, yeah. What I do is create a plane using the Reference Point and add a Coincident relation to whatever sketch I need it on (or just add a sketch point with Coincident and relate to that for a 3D sketch)

Hmmm, I can.

I did notice thought that for an Axis, if you preselected, you have to unselect the Reference Point, then select it again and it works (whatever).

I doubt it!

Looks like you can mate to it without any secret click routines. I guess that's a plus :^P

Here is an example part with some techniques...

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson