Petter AP1 or PA1???

Hello, All! I've asked for some information on this engine before to this group, but did not get any response, so I'm trying my luck again with a little but more info/confusion! This will be my first "old/not so old" engine I'm rebuilding, although I have rebuild some recent (+/- 10yrs old) petrol/diesel engine as a hobby.

The following from the nameplate on the engine: PETTER TYPE AP1 No. 1546000 BS rating. 3 b.h.p. 1500 rev/min. ENGLAND

I had trouble dating this engine on the

website with the AP1 and Engine Number information at first, but saw people talking about a PA1 Petter in some groups. After looking up PA1 and 1546000, I eventually think the engine is from the 50's or 60's. Now for the questions/favors (-: please :-) Is it a AP1 or PA1, the nameplate definitely says AP1? (Did I mention I'm in South Africa, could it be a misprint/stamp on the nameplate when it was imported?) I swapped this engine, would you believe it, for a CCTV camera to watch over a piggary! Upon opening it I found the oil thrower lying in the sump with all the consequences that followed! Luckily the crank is OK, but all bearing/bushes obviously not. I desperately need any documentation, i.e. Owners-, Service Manual, for this engine please. (Electronic format will be greatly appreciated)

With best regards, (Sorry for the long post)

WalkTall. E-mail: Walk(ing)Tall snipped-for-privacy@Bigfoot.com Remove (between) to email!

Reply to
WalkTall