Checking in multiple files in PDMWorks 2006

Hey all..

I have a question I was hoping someone could answer. If you check out all of the files on a laptop to take with you, and in the course of a trip, you modify 15 files out of 100, how can I check in those 15 files in one step instead of clicking each one that has the green/white up arrow and selecting "Check in this Document..."? I tried selecting all of the files that have the green up arrow and then right clicked them but that didn't work. I don't want to point directly at the files on the drive because I won't know which ones I've modified.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thank you,

-Allistah

Reply to
Allistah

Here is my workaround... (assuming you do not have access to the bulk load tool available in the vault admin tool)

  1. create a new empty assembly & save it (this is only temporary)
  2. Highlight all 15 files from windows explorer & Drag & drop all 15 files into that new assembly (this will place them all on top of each other) Note: dragging directly from windows means you do not have to browse for each one or place each one directly into the assembly 15 times.
  3. choose to check in the assembly
  4. in the check in dialog box uncheck the assembly (first on in the list)
  5. click OK

You will have effectively bulk loaded all 15 files into the vault & can delete the temporary assembly file created in step 1

Hope that helps Steve T.

Reply to
Steve Tietz

Interesting that you have to do it this way. You'd think with a product as complex as Solidworks and the probability that people will have many files checked out that they'd have the ability to check in all changed files at once. :-/

Reply to
Allistah