Complete rookie splined shaft assistance..

Recently got "volunteered" at work do do some design work with SW 2004 SP3. Most of the stuff I've been able to figure out so far, but my
latest task involves creating a splined shaft. In a nutshell, I have no idea how to create such a part.. The shaft part is pretty straight forward, but I've been unable to find out how to create the splines.
The Knowledge Base at the SW website doesn't have much info in it and poking around the various CAD/CAM forums on the 'net today, I'm still no closer than I was when I was tasked with this job. Can anyone get me pointed in the right direction? Any resources as far as determining/defining spline shape/size??
Thx.
BTW: Any reason to go ahead and install SP5 like it keeps asking me to when I launch SW?
I'm sure with a little digging around you can also find solid model of splined profiles through the internet. Have you tried SW's website. I'm sure you will be able to find AutoCAD 2D drawings of spline profiles, then cut, copy and paste into SW and extrude your model.
Kman
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" <skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net> wrote in message

Haven't explored the SW web site too much as I just got the subscription info from my boss a couple days ago. I'll poke around tomorrow and see what I can dig up.
Look in the Design Library, Library Features, Shaft, Spline Shaft. Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell www.3-ddesignsolutions.com
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" <skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net> wrote in message

Library Features, Shaft, Spline Shaft Look these up in the Help File Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell www.3-ddesignsolutions.com
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" <skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net> wrote in message wrote:

Can't open the drawing file. Says, "Cannot Open..... Future Version."
Using SW2004 SP3.. SW always asks if I want to DL SP5.. Would that help??
http://uk.geocities.com/mikebull2001/toothprofile.htm
This is more complicated than what I had in mind, but it works.

I see the SW 2005 SP0.1 download, but was under the impression I needed SW 2005 before that. Guess I need to call my VAR and see what the deal is...