Sporkman

Devin

Cosmic..............get it?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Interesting,

Go top this page

click on one of the videos and look at what is in the bottom of that screen.

REALLY????????

Reply to
Devin

Registrant: SOLIDWORKS (T4475-OR) 300 Baker Ave CONCORD, MA 01742 US Phone: 978 371 5000 Fax: 978 371 7303

Domain Name: COSMICBLOBS.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact : CASHMAN, JAMES ** (2946592I) snipped-for-privacy@solidworks.com 300 Baker Ave CONCORD, MA 01742 US Phone: 978 371 5000 Fax: 978 371 7303

Record expires on 04-Dec-2006 Record created on 04-Dec-2003 Database last updated on 12-Jul-2004

Reply to
Devin

sw 2005 beta testers were sent an invitation a while back to have thier kids (those that have children) try this.

Reply to
kenneth b

SolidWorks Corporation ("SolidWorks") is test-marketing to the public (including children under the age of 13) the SolidWorks COSMIC BLOBS software.

I can here the jokes about Solidworks allready.

Reply to
Devin

Tried it. Pretty cool. Fun for kids but I became bored with it.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

I would like to seem some of those features in Solidworks. Push, Poke, Pull.

Reply to
Devin

my kid loves it. he's 6. he has made some pretty neat looking stuff. future swx jockey! i haven't gotten bored yet because there isn't a lot of control, dimesionally, where things end up so the challenge is to be precise with out much precision. it hasn't crashed on me yet but i will say it gets pretty chunky after what seems like very little surface data. myabe this is there baby steps program. run all the rookies thru the blobs course then they can graduate into the big boy program! bottom line is that it is pretty cool to watch your 6 yr old mold this virtual clay into pokemon and mice and what looked like a dna strand...he might just be a genius

i believe the children are our future, teach them blobs and let them lead the way...;0)

Reply to
3d

Well, since I don't have a clue what you're talking about, I probably don't.

On the other hand, I'm reminded of the man who was thrilled to find out that he had been writing prose his whole life. Perhaps I've been doing cosmic blobs without being aware of it. How would I know?

Jerry Steiger

Jerry,

Take a look at:

's from the folks at SolidWorks.

Dave H

Jerry Steiger wrote:

Reply to
Dave H

wow yeah would be great to have something as fluid as that to work up some concepts...might start using it myself.

Reply to
neil

in fact SW should give it a nice interface for us oldies and make it so that the 'clay' model is available in the SW window in a similar manner that we can import 2D images for reference. just a thought...sorta like a holographic sketch.

Reply to
neil

I agree it would be nice if some or all of this stuff was available in SW with a little more accurate control. Maybe that's the plan. Try it out on kids and get the kinks worked out then release it to the SW Community in a nice stable working order????? Hmmmmm

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

seems to me that the graphics preview/sectioning/revolve detail engine in SW is somewhat different from the actual geometric defined model with its undo baggage etc. I wonder if this blobs program is based on that. in which case it should be possible to directly incorporate it as a fast visual concept tool.

Reply to
neil

I had no idea what the man meant by the term until I saw the link in later posts -- I was just shooting my "mouth" off. But the cosmic blob stuff does seem to have some interesting characteristics. I wonder if there is any output possible to a file format that SolidWorks can import?

'Sporky'

Reply to
Sporkman

Currently cosmic blobs does not out put a file usable by SW.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez