cosmic blobs....

anybody do that?

3d wrote:

God does.
i must be an idiot uh cause uh i don't git it 80(

Cosmic..............get it?
WT
"3d" <jmiller at marvelindustries dot com> wrote in message

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

I had no idea what the man meant by the term until I saw the link in later posts -- I was just shooting my "mouth" off. But the cosmic blob stuff does seem to have some interesting characteristics. I wonder if there is any output possible to a file format that SolidWorks can import?
'Sporky'
Currently cosmic blobs does not out put a file usable by SW.

Rob Rodriguez wrote:

Well, sounds like no blobs are good blobs.
http://www.cosmicblobs.com /
"3d" <jmiller at marvelindustries dot com> wrote in message

Registrant: SOLIDWORKS (T4475-OR) 300 Baker Ave CONCORD, MA 01742 US Phone: 978 371 5000 Fax: 978 371 7303
Domain Name: COSMICBLOBS.COM
Administrative Contact , Technical Contact : CASHMAN, JAMES ** (2946592I) snipped-for-privacy@solidworks.com 300 Baker Ave CONCORD, MA 01742 US Phone: 978 371 5000 Fax: 978 371 7303
Record expires on 04-Dec-2006 Record created on 04-Dec-2003 Database last updated on 12-Jul-2004

Interesting,
Go top this page http://www.cosmicblobs.com/get_started.html
click on one of the videos and look at what is in the bottom of that screen.
REALLY????????
"3d" <jmiller at marvelindustries dot com> wrote in message

sw 2005 beta testers were sent an invitation a while back to have thier kids (those that have children) try this.
Tried it. Pretty cool. Fun for kids but I became bored with it.

kids
I would like to seem some of those features in Solidworks. Push, Poke, Pull.

wow yeah would be great to have something as fluid as that to work up some concepts...might start using it myself.
in fact SW should give it a nice interface for us oldies and make it so that the 'clay' model is available in the SW window in a similar manner that we can import 2D images for reference. just a thought...sorta like a holographic sketch.
SolidWorks Corporation ("SolidWorks") is test-marketing to the public (including children under the age of 13) the SolidWorks COSMIC BLOBS software.
I can here the jokes about Solidworks allready.

my kid loves it. he's 6. he has made some pretty neat looking stuff. future swx jockey! i haven't gotten bored yet because there isn't a lot of control, dimesionally, where things end up so the challenge is to be precise with out much precision. it hasn't crashed on me yet but i will say it gets pretty chunky after what seems like very little surface data. myabe this is there baby steps program. run all the rookies thru the blobs course then they can graduate into the big boy program! bottom line is that it is pretty cool to watch your 6 yr old mold this virtual clay into pokemon and mice and what looked like a dna strand...he might just be a genius
i believe the children are our future, teach them blobs and let them lead the way...;0)

You better show them all the beauty they possess insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide first...

Show them all the blobs that they posess inside- Give them a sense of blobs . . .
"3d" <jmiller at marvelindustries dot com> wrote in message

Well, since I don't have a clue what you're talking about, I probably don't.
On the other hand, I'm reminded of the man who was thrilled to find out that he had been writing prose his whole life. Perhaps I've been doing cosmic blobs without being aware of it. How would I know?