Crazy Feature Tree

Hello All

Does anyone else find that the feature tree has a mind of it`s own with respect to expanding items? Is there a way round this? I`ve been looking about on Google for a while now and haven`t come up with anything. I`ve also reported it as a problem on the website but nothing was done.

Bye Will Astill Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:01:02 +0100

Will Astill

Some here, some there, sometimes go to an object that had nothing to do with whatever you just did. I haven't found any pattern to it, though.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Once upon a time 3 Amigos went to Concord. One from the East, one from the West and one from in between. They commented on this problem to the top vinters in Concord (bad grape analogy here) as they were having problems with this very same thing. The 3 Amigos didn't get the impression at the time that much would/could be done about it. Three years, a flyout feature tree, little graphics showing relations on screen, a reworked feature manager, the property manager, etc. have passed and this issue still hasn't been addressed. The 3 Amigos think that with you, Will, we are the only four people who have been aggravated by this. Could we be wrong?

Count me in. I also think they should improve the way the tree collapses/expands in drawings. It doesn't follow the same rules as in an assembly.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Expansion/contraction of the FMT has been erratic and annoying for years. It's even worse if you like to work with the split pane. It has settled down significantly since 03, but I agree that it is still a major nuisance.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Reply to message from Dale Dunn (Sat, 25 Sep 2004 19:21:58) about "Re: Crazy Feature Tree":

I`ve turned off tools->options->FM->Scroll. Hope it makes a difference. (See later discussion on Collapse FMT)

Bye Will Astill Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:32:20 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: Dale Dunn Sent: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 19:

21:58 Subject: Re: Crazy Feature Tree