2004 feature tree

I started using 2004 recently. It takes a bit getting used to the new menu
format, I'm not sure if it's an improvement, just a different way of
displaying the icons. I am amazed how slow I am compared to my custom icon
layout in 2003 (the same one I've been using for 3 years), not to mention
the massive amount of space the command center takes.
The one thing that I absolutely hate is how the feature tree propagates to
the graphics area when mating parts; I find it difficult to select the
surfaces for mating thru the words on the feature tree. Is there a way to
disable the feature tree from propagating to the graphics area when mating
parts?
Reply to
Walms