Is it possible to auto-sort the feature tree in Numerical order?

Our parts and assys are named with the parts number. Ex. 9990012345

Is it possible to sort the feature tree in numerical order?

We are using SolidWorks 2003, should be upgrading in a couple of weeks to 2004.

Reply to
SW Monkey

I have it in my list of macro's to create. You could only do it on assemblys because the assembly component order isn't history based.

Corey

Reply to
CS

Corey, Maybe I didnt explain myself, but I want to do this in an assembly. Our parts in the assembly have 999 numbers (ex. 999001121,

999001122, etc).

Is this a feature inside of SolidWorks that sorts numerically? A macro? Let me know. Thanks :)

Reply to
SW Monkey

I wanted to write a vba macro to do just that in an assembly but I haven't gotten to it yet. It would sort the items Alpha-numerically. But I don't have much yet.

Corey

Reply to
CS

I just re-read your first reply. I thought you meant you could do it in an assembly, and you were trying to write a macro for doing it in a part. Then I re-read and understood what you meant. Guess I have to much on my mind today.

Thanks :)

Reply to
SW Monkey