Crop?

Is it broken in 2004sp1.0 or why is it just not activating

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

It worked for me just yesterday. The only think I can think of off the top of my head that would prevent it working is to accidentally sketch on another view. I don't do many crops, so I'll be short on ideas.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

That might be it..but how can I miss just one view

I have only one dimetric view and just found out that it's also impossible to draw anything in that view, well atleast when i try to add relation between line and edge/point in the model I just have message that I should select these two things from the same view. I tried bigger view area, no luck, I even tried to draw on top of model, but all I have is that same message.

I think crop is affected by this same thing.

And, when working with just one single part and making drawing out of it, it just without any notice puts large assembly mode on! What is going on here. Too tired, going home.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Were you maybe locked to the sheet? Or did you maybe not have auto view activation turned on so it then put the line on the sheet?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

That was it, only strange thing is that I have worked with this same pc several weeks and DID NOT change any settings, it just suddenly started a new drawing with new settings about a hour ago. Now I really have to go and take a nap. The whole option for activate views not automaticly feels totally brainless to me, like the new CommandManager..."let's make things really slow and add some extra clicks and huge buttons" :-(

Ok, new way to create mates and weldments are really cool (now you can't say that I'm too negative ;-))

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

One reason I know of to not auto activation is when you have really big stuff in the views. With auto on, every time you pass your mouse over a view it tries to do something, and that can take time. Glad you found your problem.

WT

Dunn

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

That's funny. I actually hate dynamic drawing view activation.

I have also had occasions where a setting gets randomly toggled. It's very frustrating when everything is working wrong, and you KNOW that the only setting that can cause the mayhem is set correctly. When you finally go look, it's wrong!

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I hate when I have to use so many clicks to do simple things :-)

I figured out what was the drawing that "caused" this or atleast it happened when I was working with it. But of course if I try to create drawing again, it works just fine..

...and I was really not well few hours ago because now I have feaver, maybe I was hallusinating earlier :-)

Reply to
Markku Lehtola