Cryptic Error Message

You have to love error messages like this one:

Ben

Reply to
ben

Yup, just haven't figured out how to report an error in error messages.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

I think this is an XP issue ... not just SW. I have been getting this same pop-up message with MSword. Somehow an automatic update made it thru IT and to my machine last Thursday. I think the two are related.

~G

Reply to
Pats Fan

This is one of the dangers with "AutoUpdate" (though minor compared to a BSOD on reboot after an update).

I like the sound of "If it ain't broken, don't fix it." I simply NEVER want to be forced to take on updates that I don't know about. Unfortunately, there is often little info on updates when they want you to click on the downloads.

My method of avoiding updates and Internet usage on my SolidWorks machine, has kept it up and running virtually 100%. Yup, that means another machine does that update/Internet work, but that is just fine with me.

Between SolidWorks licensing going forward and Microsoft licensing plus updates, I am getting more nervous about the potential for lack of stability on my next round of upgrades.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

I used to use Applicon Bravo and it had a couple of gems:-

  1. Cross hatching failed. Cross hatching did its best. and
  2. Error detected whilst trying to print error message.

I liked their sense of humour.

John H

Reply to
John H

I once had a machine that popped up the following (or approximately so): "Keyboard error or keyboard missing. Press F1 to continue" :)

Reply to
Art Woodbury