Custom thead

I'm trying to draw a shaft that has an inside thread M30X1.5. Hole wizard does not have this option for a metric thread and also I don't think making a thread using sweep cut is the right solution. Any idea would be appreciated... Thanks

Reply to
cijunet

You can do a revolve cut of a straight sided hole using the tap drill diameter and then apply a cosmetic thread in which you specify the thread callout. That is pretty much what Hole Wizzer does anyway.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

On the lines of TOP's suggestion. Create you tap drill hole with a Legacy Hole from Hole Wizard, then add your cosmetic thread.

Regards,

Anna Wood

Reply to
Anna Wood