Defering mates in 2004

How do I defer the mate in 2004??
Damned washers keep disappearing of the field of view before I can fully
mate them.
Reply to
Phil Evans
Ok found it thanks. took a while.
Reply to
Phil Evans
Hey, tell the rest of us!
Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems
Reply to
Jerry Steiger
You have to select the tick mark twice to finish the mating process, selecting once after a mate allows more mates to be made, also uncheck the preview box in the mates dialogue box
Reply to
Phil Evans
imho, sw screwed up the way mates are accomplished in '04. too many extra steps required. a classic example of going too far trying to make the interface more accommodating to new users.
Reply to
kenneth b
I second that. It may be more appealing for new users. But, unless I am using it incorrectly, just like a lot of the new changes it seems a lot less productive.
Don't get me wrong. There is SOME good things to the new changes. But I can't think of any right off hand... Just joking. I do like some of the Flyout Toolbars, however the command manager kind-of stinks.
Seth Renigar
Reply to
Seth Renigar
I disagree. For many situations, I find the mew mates methods to be faster. Editing multiple mates at once is very nice. The only thing I don't like is having to click twice to dismiss it.
Reply to
Dale Dunn
i think that's the key, clicking twice. it can add up (to wasted time) after a while.
i do a lot of fasteners (c'sink) and it really suks to have to hit that check mark (pop-up mate tool bar) every time i drag a fastener in. i find this to be major productivity flaw.
kenneth b
Reply to
kenneth b
I agree with Dale...the possiblity to edit several matesat once is nice.....the new command manager with flyout buttons is great, gives a lot more workspace in the graphic area if You hide the descriptions
Krister L
Dale Dunn skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:Xns943787B2077CDdaledunnatjamestoolc@65.24.7.50 ...
Reply to
Krister L
Now that you mention it, I have seen that. I don't know why it doesn't always automatically make the mates according to the mate reference when dragging a part in.
Reply to
Dale Dunn
Well it seems like you now have the opportunity to choose which mate to use....a conical coincident or a conical distance....still having it concentrical....I guess that's why You have to decide which one to use in this case
Krister
Dale Dunn skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:Xns943790A1B1467daledunnatjamestoolc@65.24.7.50 ...
Reply to
Krister L
I also really like the new way of moving parts in an assy just by left click and drag them
Krister L
Dale Dunn skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:Xns943787B2077CDdaledunnatjamestoolc@65.24.7.50 ...
Reply to
Krister L
For those that don't want to risk moving parts by accident, you can turn it off at System Options/Assemblies.
WT
diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:Xns943787B2077CDdaledunnatjamestoolc@65.24.7.50
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
Same thing if you just have parts to mate up manually. Sometimes I would drop in a bolt, flat washer, lock washer, & nut and then defer the mates to put in all the mates at once. The current 2004 system would do that by default now. However, if I just have two mates to do, and want to solve the first one before putting in the second one, it takes a click on "ok" and then wait, and then click it again just to do the first one. You can't click once and go on to the next one and let it catch up. That's what slows me down the most.
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
Maybe I'm confused, but if you click ok once, you should be able to make selections for the next mate without closing the mates property manager. Can you not do this?
Reply to
Dale Dunn
True, but if I want to solve the first mate first, it takes another click to finish the operation.
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
In the Mate dialog box, at the very bottom UNCHECK the "Show Preview" box in the Options section. Then to make multiple mates, click the check at the top of the mate dialog or in the smaller box that shows up next to your mouse (usually in the graphics area), but only click it ONCE. You'll see each of the mates show up in the "Mates" section, once you're done click the check again and volia! ...All the mates get done at once.
FYI, even with the "Show Preview" checked, you can do multiple mates at one opening of the mates dialog box. But with the preview active your parts will move each time.
Ken
Reply to
kema
It's enough with just right clicking in the graphic area to shut the manager down
Krister
Reply to
Krister L