designing photmasks in linux

Hello All I know this is a group for solidworks, but I'm hoping some one might help me out. I need some info on a cad application which I could use to design photomasks for lithography. In windows, I used autocad to create a dxf file, then used linkcad to convert it into a postscript file, followed by printing that onto a transpareny using a high qualiy printer. Now I only have access to linux, and I dont know where to start. I have checked out qcad and cycas but their import features are a real let down. I was thinking of using gimp instead. Any help will be appreciated.

Reply to
none

how about inkscape

neil