AutoCAD > CorelDraw?

Hello,

I have to transform an AutoCAD file to a CorelDraw, this is for making a film for printing. I dont't know why, but export/import does not work. Any hints for me?

--

-- Harald A. Jahn /

Harald Jahn, www.tramway.at

Depends on the versions...

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Just make a dxf in Autocad and import it into Coreldraw. You have to have the vector filters installed in Corel though. Maybe you didn't install them. You would have to go back to your install disk to do that.

JH

Reply to
Jeannette

Thank you, I'll try!

-- Harald

Reply to
Harald Jahn, www.tramway.at

Am Tue, 9 Oct 2007 13:04:51 +0200 schrieb Harald Jahn,

Hello Harald,

for my diploma thesis in architecture I did the drawings in autocad and the layout in Corel. I just imported the dwg 2000 into corel and gave it the right scale. I remember 2 limitations on this: text was impossible to handle after the import and slowed down the system (I then decided to do the text also in COREL, since there was not very much of it). The second thing were the solid hatches who have been split into thousands of objects, so I also did the hatches in Corel, since closed polylines have been imported properly as one object. So CS11 and Autocad2000 worked good for me.

cheers joerg

Reply to
Joerg Spoettl

Well, if you are going to use CorelDRAW for CAD designs, there are some cad applications for corel draw, one of them you can find here:

, you can also find good tips for making CAD designs

Reply to
leonocoder