Drivind a part or an assy with Excel

Hello all

We are making professional cooking appliances. Usually, we build separate units that are mounted side by side (400 to 800mm).

In a few months, we will be selling custom built tops (up to 2800mm). They will be made with one solid top, the appliances mounted in cuts made on the top.

I am setting up an excel sheet describing the top (kind of appliance, number, position on the top.), and I want that this sheet drives directly the cuts on the top.

If all goes well, I could also build an assy of the cooking top from the same sheet.

I wonder if anyone has examples of such a project, or a how-to.

TIA

JM

Reply to
Jean Marc

Dear Jean,

I feel u can do what you are looking for. Have you tried design table. If not check help about deign table.

Still need any help, do let me know.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Reply to
Engineer

I know how to do it (link external excel sheet and the design table), and I am moving into the project at a nice path. The 'external driving' being just a small part of the job.

I just thought I could take profit of some example, but at this time I have passed this point.

Thanks a lot for your answer, and your attention.

Jean Marc

"Engineer" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Jean Marc