dwgEditor stupid question

A repair install of 2005 should bring it back. It may be an option under custom install.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

OK, I've got this nice dwgeditor on my laptop, but not on my desktop. Actually it's on my desktop but not installed correctly. Where'd it come from and how do I get it back?

Mark B.

Reply to
mark Bannister

Dale: Thanks, but a repair didn't work....is it part of the reqular install I wonder?

Reply to
mark Bannister

Mark,

Another item to check is to verify that the DWGEditor serial number is in your registry. It is stored in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Security

DO THIS NEXT STEP AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

If not, add the key manually in the registry, using the serial number from your notebook computer.

Hope this helps.

John

Reply to
John Picinich

It is one of the new features in SW2005. It is licensed from Cadopia or OpenDWG or some such.

Reply to
P.

Um, I really don't remember. Perhaps it can be dug out of the install CDs manually.

Does it fail to start up, or what?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Thanks, but nope, same number in both.

Reply to
mark Bannister

"Unable to start resource DLL"

Can't seem to find a reference to it. I wonder if it is under Utilities on the install.....

Reply to
mark Bannister

What does your VAR recommend?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Well gee whiz Dale, I'd have to call them.... of all the practical ideas to suggest... some people....

Reply to
mark Bannister

If you access the SolidWorks 2005 program group using the Windows "Start" key -> Programs, do you see a "DWGEditor" icon in there along with "SolidWorks 2005" and "SolidWorks Explorer", etc.? In your "...\Program Files" folder do you see a "...\dwgeditor\English" subfolder under your SolidWorks 2005 folder (however that folder is named)? In that subfolder there should be the "DWGEditor.exe" executable file. There should also be the following files:

CommonProjects.vbi ACIS.dll db.dll DCL.dll DWGEditorAuth.dll DWGEditorAuto.dll DWGEventLog.dll gr.dll dwgeditor.fmp dwgeditor.lin dwgeditor.unt dwgeditor.fnt dwgeditor.tip

And there should be some subdirectories. You'll see them all on your laptop. If your desktop is missing any of the files or subfolders, perhaps you can copy files from your laptop into that directory. Don't know if that would work or not, but since your Registry seems to be in order it just might.

Mark 'Sporky' Staplet>

Reply to
Sporkman