Note in eDrawing Assembly

Is there a way I can put a note in an eDrawing assembly (without making an eDrawing of a drawing file) so that it will always be visible while reviewing the assembly? All I need to do is incorporate a short text note, but it needs to remain visible at all times and for multiple configurations. Incorporating the note into a background or watermark would be sufficient as well. I tried using a markup comment, but its only visible when selected and only with a specific view.

Reply to
John Eric Voltin

Try making a JPEG and drag and drop it into the background of your model. I don't know what eDrawings will do with it though. Corey

configurations.

Reply to
CS

Good suggestion, but it is largely ignored by the eDrawing. If you place a tiff image in the background, it shows up on the configuration preview buttons under the Configurations tab but not on the actual models.

Reply to
John Eric Voltin

How about extruding a flat sheet and cut extrude text on this sheet? Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

This approach will work, but I don't know how to prevent it from interfering with viewing the design as its rotated, etc. Any thoughts? It would be great if you could make this text not rotate with the rest of the assembly. I'm thinking of making this text component part of the background. That's probably just wishful thinking...

Reply to
John Eric Voltin

How about making a drawing of the assembly and placing notes in the drawing. Then, save the drawing as an E-Drawing. Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

That would work, but this particular client prefers the simplicity of just an assembly in the eDrawing. Additionally, switching between configurations is very easy with an eDrawing assembly.

Reply to
John Eric Voltin