Edrawing showing motion

I remember seeing a demonstration of an edrawing that showed motion. There was an industrial elevation drawing of machinery that moved. I have been looking for some information on how that drawing was created. It must have been displaying different configurations from the model. If anyone can enlighten me on this subject I would be appreciative.

Thank you,

Andrew Grove

Reply to
Andrew Grove

Maybe it had a hyperlink to an animation??

The only motion I have seen is the "animation" where it rotates through the views. Also, you can "move component" in an assy but does not obey mates/relationships. Just moves through space ignoring other components.

--Todd

Reply to
Todd

Reply to
Sporkman

[Putting on my blindfold and picking up some darts now] I know the e-drawing can contain data from some FEA plugins.. could this be the 'backdoor' ?
Reply to
rocheey

I haven't tried it (don't use edrawings), but how about a drawing showing alternate positions of a part or assembly?

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

That is what I am looking for, an Edrawing showing alternate positions of an assembly. I thought that this was somthing that SolidWorks presented in a demonstration that I saw when they first rolled out Edrawings. I am building a pick and place unit and I would like to send my customer a drawing representing alternate positions for the equipment in the assembly.

Thank you,

Andrew Grove

Reply to
Andrew Grove

Might be what you're looking for.

Reply to
Richard Doyle

Andrew, Not sure of what you saw but you can create a sudo-animation by defining an exploded view of your assembly before the "eDrawing" is created. Actually, you can create multiple exploded views as separate configurations. Additionally, you can create multiple configuration of your assembly showing different sizes, styles, mounting hardware, etc. When you create an eDrawing from a database that contains multiple configurations (exploded or not), you are prompted to save some or all of the available configurations. Using this new functionality along with the techniques that Richard wrote about, you now have new and improved ability for "Poor Man's Animations". Eddie

Reply to
Eddie Cyganik

If you create an alternate view in an drawing file, it should carry over into teh edrawing.

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

That article appeared well before this new eDrawing functionality and I haven't had a chance to play around with it. Thanks for reminding me Eddie - I can't wait to work up something new for user group meetings.

See you in Boston buddy?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle