edrawing Upgrade

Does anyone know if I can upgrade edrawing from 2007 to 2008 without upgrading solidworks explorer. When I loaded edrawing 2008 explorer
couldnt use edrawing to view files anymore so I had to uninstall it. Don't tell me to upgrade SW/Explorer cause I'm never upgrading again. Too many bad experiences.