PDM reporting feature?!?!?!

Has anyone used the reporting feature in PDM? I am trying to generate a report and export it into an excel spreadsheet.

I seem to be experiencing a bug. Problem being, if I try and generate a report for a major assembly with numerous parts (and their drawings) and subassemblies (and their drawings) PDM seems to leave out select drawings from the report. Regardless of whether or not I select "Drawings Only" under the "Show file types." It is typically the subassembly drawings that are being left out. However, PDM seems to leave out several part drawings as well.

I have played with the options in the "Output window options" and this doesn't seem to fix the issue. Am I missing a particular option that would somehow filter out some drawings? Although I'm not sure why it would be filtering any files out, no reason to that I can see. There is nothing unique about the files that are being filtered out.

Thanks!

Reply to
rob nolin

Are the drawings properly linked to the models and assemblies?

Reply to
Tim Markoski

There are no broken links.

Reply to
rob nolin

Make sure you are running the latest version of PDMWorks.

There was another upgrade after SW SP4.1 .

Are all of these files SolidWorks files?

Without seeing your Vault Admin settings it's hard to tell what's going on. I've never seen this happen with SW files.

Reply to
Tim Markoski

We are running the latest version of both PDMWorks and SW.

The files that it seems to be filtering out are specifcally SW drawings and usually only a subassembly drawing.

Looks like its time to call up the VAR.

Thanks!

Reply to
rob nolin