Freeform not working like the demo...

I have watched the nice "Freeform Boathull" video by Mr Biasotti.

In the video, after control curves are added to the surface, the points defining the control curves are moved using the triad, so that each control curve is completely aligned with the template curves.

Quote: "I grab the bottom control node and the vector and move ... "

I have tried to do the same, but when I create a control curve I am not able to move the endpoints of the curve. I can create points along the curve and manipulate them, but the endpoints are stuck where they were created. There is no "bottom control node" to grab!

What am I missing?

Reply to
Chebea

Hehe I found the answer to this one myself.

It seems the accessibility of the control points depend on what edge condition is used for the edge. If it is on "Contact", which is the default, the control curve end points are not accessible...

Chebea skrev:

Reply to
Chebea

Yes, Chebea is correct. If you want to move the control point at the end of the curve, then the boundary that the curve lies on need to be switched from "contact" to "moveable" or "moveable Tangent."

Reply to
mbiasotti

Hi Chebea....

Could you post your boat 3D model for me ? So I can do testing also. Another reason is I want to lear how Mark created that model.

Thanks...

-Majid

Reply to
Tonny