spline on surface problem 2005sp0.1

Try this:

1 open the demo file loft_guidecurvealign. 2 select the curve on surface tool and make 3 or so points.
  1. now try to edit the control points and select the arrow vector and manipulate that. Works right? you can selec the control arrows and move and twist them all around right?

now:

  1. new part. make a spline. extrude into a surface.
2 select the curve on surface tool and make 3 or so points.
  1. now try to edit the control points and select the arrow vector and manipulate that. CAN NOT edit, right? you can select the arrows, but you cannot move them.

Now, if you make another sketch on a plan and have use the original plane as the end surface, then hide that original surface, and then try curve on the solid surface ... it will work! so somthing is strange here.

Bug? I think so. if not, tell me what I am doing wrong! Thanks!!!

Cheers, Daniel

Reply to
daniel

Nice Find Daniel, I have submitted it. Seems to be the difference between Analytic surfaces/faces (loft, sweep etc.) verse non-analytic (extrude, revolve etc.) in that SOS weighting/direction handles are not working on Analytic.

Regards

SolidWorks

Reply to
Mark Biasotti

Thanks Mark!

Any chance of a quick fix in the next hour or so? Hmmm, thought so.... Oh well. Anyway, thanks for saving me the time to send the report - I'm a little busy training for the turkey feast!

Cheers, Daniel

Reply to
daniel