AC2008 & Dynamic Blocks: Can't get stretch to work

I've been trying to solve this problem for hours, using tutorials from autocad site, to no avail.
What I'm trying to accomplish is very simple. I have made a block that's
a single horizontal line. I've assigned a parameter point at the bottom end of the line, and a stretch action so that when the parameter point moves, the line will stretch along the point. However, IT ALWAYS MOVES. It never stretches. I can't figure out what I'm missing.

Wrong to assign a point
1) is preferable for your line to have one extreme point as insert point 2) edit the block and use a linear parameter: it creates two arrows 3) delete the cyan arrow on the insert point (0,0 coord of the block) so your line has one fixed point and one mobile point marked with an arrow 4) use stretch on the linear parameter and select the point with the arrow as stretch area
Now it should work For instance, to stretch a single line, the grip method is the best ;)