Fun with SWx Equations!

I have the following equations driving a linear hole pattern. The pattern originates from the center of a flat piece of sheetmetal out to the sides but it stops the pattern of holes roughly 10" from each ends. (This is because the ends are trimmed off.)

"D1@LPattern1"= int (("OALength@sketch3/2" -10.5)/.75)+1 "D1@LPattern2"= int (("OALength@sketch3/2" - 10.5)/.75)+1

Cool huh?

Anyway - looking at the equations above what additional equations can I add to make sure the outermost holes are no closer than 1 inch from the 10" trim zone and no greater than 1.25" from the 10" trim zones. And more importantly what equation(s) would ensures that within in these parameters that there will always be a number of holes divisible by 1.5?

Equation notes -

10.25 is the closest thing I could think of to keep a hole from landing on the trim line. And .75" is the spacing of the holes.
Reply to
Billy Joan Kane

I'm not sure I understand the whole situation, but I'll have a crack at it. You might consider a layout sketch to get an OAL that doesn't violate your trim zones.

As for the divisible by 1.5 thing... I seem to remember from school a trick by which you would multiply all your inputs by 1.5, round the answer down to an integer, then divide by 1.5. I'm not sure I remember that right though. I'm not sure you'll end up with an integer in the end.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Cool - I remember that math as well. It comes back to holes vs. spaces. One is always odd and one is always even.

Reply to
Billy Joan Kane