Suppress features using equations

Does anyone know if it is possible to suppress features using equations? Or is there anyone who knows a nice workaround?

Thanks JJ

Reply to
JJZ

Design Tables are probably best suited than equations to control suppression. You could probably put the equations in an Excel Design Table... Another approach would be through a macro, or even a macro feature... Could you provide more details on what you're trying to do ?

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

I have created lots of parts files for our model library that are based on design tables. In them I have used equations, suppressed/unsupressed features, etc. Check out the SW model library and look at the RC Sprocket for a good example.

has all the teeth created based on equations and input parameters, and all the hub/keyway/setscrew combinations available.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany