Group features

I have a group of about 10 features. Now the next-to-last feature of the group (a surface merge) is failing and if I use clip/suppress of course the whole group is suppressed. I would like to be just before the failed feature in the tree but I can't because it's in the middle of a group. And I can't ungroup it when it's suppressed. I don't want to start again and create the whole group. Does anyone know if it's possible to ungroup it or to insert before the failed feature?

Reply to
graminator

Normally you can just drag stuff in and out of groups, but if something in a group fails you tend to be stuffed as you can't do feature ops on anything in the group.

Reply to
John Wade

Can you use "quick fix - redefine" instead of "clip/suppress" and make something out of that failed feature. Of course, it doesnt have to fixed in a way you wanted originaly. Just do what you can to make it able to regenerate.

Tomislav Cabraja

Reply to
Tomislav Cabraja

Reply to
Greg Ames

I believe if you use fix model instead of quick fix, you can drag features out of the group then repair them.

graminator wrote: > I have a group of about 10 features. Now the next-to-last feature of > the group (a surface merge) is failing and if I use clip/suppress of > course the whole group is suppressed. I would like to be just before > the failed feature in the tree but I can't because it's in the middle > of a group. And I can't ungroup it when it's suppressed. I don't want > to start again and create the whole group. Does anyone know if it's > possible to ungroup it or to insert before the failed feature? >

I don't know the for sure answer, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was Greg's because Fix Model is the one you use in Resolve Mode when some earlier feature is the cause of a later failure where redefining the feature can't solve the earlier problem.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

because Fix Model is the one you use in Resolve Mode when some earlier feature is the cause of a later failure where redefining the feature can't solve the earlier problem.

Thanks all.

Thomislav - I tried Quick Fix first up but couldn't get the surface merge to work. The surfs were touching edge to edge so there were no arrows telling me which side to keep, hence there was only one way to do it.

Dave and Greg - I got to regen by using Fix Model and redefining one of the surfaces from the failed surface merge. I removed tangency from one of the boundaries and it was then able to merge with the other surface. Of course I don't know why, there was no Failed Geom to tell me anything. But at least I could regen the group, then ungroup the bloody thing and sort it out one by one.

Reply to
graminator