parameter rounded value

Hi all,
I'm looking for rounding some parameter values in order to display them on a
drawing.
For example, I have a mass parameter that take the part mass value.
(mass=pro_mp_mass)
I would like to round this parameter not to have 7.925466541 on the sheet
but just 7.92.
Is there any round possibility or must I use Ceil and Floor functions ?
Thanks,
GB
Reply to
g. bon
When the parameter appears in a note, you can truncate it by entering the parameter text as &mass[.X] where X is the number if digits after the decimal point you want.
Reply to
John Wade
When the parameter appears in a note, you can truncate it by entering the parameter text as &mass[.X] where X is the number if digits after the decimal point you want.
Every function I know of in Pro/e for changing the number of decimal places shown rounds up or down; none strictly truncate, although rounding down will look like truncation.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes
shown rounds up or down; none strictly truncate, although rounding down will look like truncation.
And, this adds..... Yeah, squat.
Reply to
Fork Road
shown rounds up or down; none strictly truncate, although rounding down will look like truncation.
Well, the irony of your post wasn't lost on me Forky old man. What gets me is when occaisional posters get themselves free consulting and can't be bothered to say thanks. Did Mr. Bon's parents teach him no manners at all?
Reply to
John Wade
Yes, they can say thanks but when the get information (right now for me).
So : Thanks, it works fine.
"John Wade" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
Reply to
g. bon
Perhaps you meant to write 7.93 in the first place? IOW you wanted to round the value to the nearest 2 decimal places, not truncate it.
Reply to
graminator
Yes,Yes, You're right. My question was very stupidly exposed (I've just seen that).
As you said, I wanted to round the value (and get 7.93). The solution that uses [.2] is what I was looking for.
Formtunately, My question was wrong but the response I get was right...
Thanks.
"graminator" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@k29g2000hsd.googlegroups.com...
Perhaps you meant to write 7.93 in the first place? IOW you wanted to round the value to the nearest 2 decimal places, not truncate it.
Reply to
g. bon

Site Timeline