Hardware Choices

Can anyone say what is the best supported hardware platforms to run newer versions of Solidworks. It will have to support XP Pro 64

quad core? dual core, Zeon, I7 Video cards ?? there are too many choices out there and I can't find/get any data from Solidworks or VAR on recommendations for best performance. they just say check min requiremnents on website( which would basically be a shit setup to run 08 - 09 SW

Any help would be appreciated

Reply to
Todd

Check out Anna's blog at

she's built an i7 machine, and damn is it nice..

also, if your going with 64bit, I highly suggest going with vista, I've seen nothing but complaints about XP 64bit..

Reply to
tnik

Matt Lombard has a few ideas about this:

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

it has been reported there is a problem with the i7

raamman

It has been reported that SolidWorks has a bug. Better stop using it.

Reply to
jim.zink

Smartass reseller.

Reply to