Help with measuring multiple sectional areas

I have some metallic drawn (as in drawn in a punch press) parts that I'd like to compare component sectional areas on.

Is there a quick method to do this?

I've been placing planes at evenly spaced intervals, and creating new

2D sketches on these planes, and using intersection curves in a sketch I've then created planar surfaces. These surfaces I then measure area on, and input these values into an excel spreadsheet to chart my differences in parts with a line graph.

Any better or less intensive ideas?

Thanks,

--Matt Schroeder

Reply to