High resolution images from Solidworks

I asked this question awhile back and am still struggling with it.
I'd like to get high resolution 2d images from the SW parts or
assemblies I'm working with. I want to use these images for high quality 2d printing, so I'm after minimum 200dpi and 24" x 30" images.
If I SAVE AS a jpeg, I get a file that's about 18" x 12.6" at 72 dpi. If I SAVE AS a tif, I get this: 13.5" x 9.5" at 96 dpi.
I'm not versed in what software SW uses to generate these files, but would it be possible to tweak the settings to get larger files? Many thanks.
open part/assembly> print preview> print screen> paste screen dump into photo editor (mspaint)> crop as desired
efficient it ain't, but it does get you a decent picture.

Thanks Kenneth, but that still only gets me a tif that's 17.5 x 11 at 96 dpi. That's great for viewing on a monitor, but for printing at 24" it would be very pixellated. Any other suggestions? Anyone know what controls the resolution in SW?
Print to PDF, then convert PDF to PNG using Ghostscript (free download).

Tick,
I'm inexperienced at using command line software like Ghostscript. Any easier converter available?
Along with Ghostscript you can download Ghostview, which is a visual interface. A bit clunky, but it does the job.
On 13 Aug, 23:07, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi
I got this in my mail a while ago, but I use Photoworks for my pictures so I haven't tried it myself.
http://www.triaxialdesign.com/tip_tricks.html
First trick is high resolution screen captures.
// Krister

Download PdfCreator (free), it's a virtual printer that will let you print as a pdf, but also as a jpeg or png and a bunch of other formats. I just tried and got a 24 Mpix image.
Good luck JM

If saving a drawing view as Tiff click on the options button, select "Print capture" you can save from 50 DPI up to 2880 DPI.
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz

Another alternate http://swtools.cad.de/macros.htm
He has a macro, mm_18.zip, to save high quality bitmaps, haven't used it for a number of years but probably still works with latest versions of SolidWorks. http://swtools.cad.de/cgi-bin/topdl/download.pl?file=mm_18.zip
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz
I am having this same problem. In SW2007 I could Saveas JPEG or, while in a part or assembly model, hit print and get a reasonably high resolution file or hard copy. After upgrading to SW2008 a few weeks ago, I get files or hard copies which are such low resolution that what is shown is unrecognizeable!
There must be a setting somewhere...Any ideas?
I realize there are many workarounds, but nothing beats being able to hit the print button once to get a good hard copy...
Thanks - Brian