change part reference in drawing

I have a part. I have a drawing. I change the part and save as a new revision. I want to reuse the old drawing with the new part. I know I can
save them at the same time and it will work however i have some old drawing that I want to use.
How do I update each drawing view with the new part name? I can see it in the view properties but I can't remember how to access and change it.
Thanks!
Copy the drawing. When you open the drawing, hit the "References" button and select the new part.
Also, SW Explorer can replace references.
Thank you very much. I keep forgetting how to do this. I'll write it down this time.

That is cool, but I have never use that though
I do things like that the old school way
By temporally renaming part file, and then when I open the drawing just point it to the new part file and "save as" the drawing
mr.T

The old way of doing this is to copy the drawing first to a new name. Open it. Open the part that the drawing references and copy it to a new name. Save the new drawing.
This works because the new copy of the drawing references the original part until the original part is renamed to a new name using saveas.
This can work intentionally or unintentionally.
TOP