How do I remove directory folder

I have created a folder in the materials editor by mistake. When I try to delete the folder - it does not allow this.

Can anyone help?

Reply to
voodoochile

Are you trying to delete the folder in SolidWorks or in Windows?

John Layne

John Layne

Solidworks. Is there another way to do it through windows? "John Layne"

Reply to
voodoochile

Just had a play with it, open the custom ???.sldmat file with Wordpad or Notepad and delete the classification (folder name).

The classification begins with something like and ends with

Make sure you back up the .sldmat file first.

John Layne

John Layne

In which folder is the relevant *.sldmat file in?

"John Layne" wrote in

Reply to
voodoochile

Which directory is the *.sldmat in?

"John Layne" wrote in

Reply to
voodoochile

Search in Windows Explorer window for the file on your hard drive.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

In which folder does the *.sldmat file reside? I have put a search through my system and various sldmat files are there.

Reply to
voodoochile

SolidWorks\lang\english\sldmaterials\solidworks materials.sldmat

This file is in XML format, so an XML editor is the best to use to open. John is right on the money as far as removing the folder.

Reply to
Jeff

Sorry for the delay in answering, I was asleep 12 hours difference to the UK.

To test your intial problem I created "Custom Materials" which in turn create the .sldmat file, I have no way of knowing where you placed your custom material file. It shouldn't take too long to open all the .sldmat files in notepad and search them for your folder name to determine which is the one that needs editing.

John Layne

John Layne

That file is the standard one which you cannot edit (from within SWX). Your custom materials file may be in the same location, but if not, you need to look in your system options at "file locations/materials databases" to see where else SWX is looking for it.

Regards, John Harland

Reply to
John H