How much is solidworks?

"No longer worth the money, even if it's free....."

That's funny, coming from a guy who's running cracked copies of Mastercam X2 and Surfcam.

Reply to
Joe788

It was mentioned already, but SW can be bought as a student version, as long as you can provide proof that you are taking a class in SW. You can get it with a 2 yr license for $99, IIRC . It seems to be fully functional, I used it for a college class, but will print out your drawings with a "Student Version" watermark on the lower left portion of your print. It's more than good enough to get your feet wet in SW. Hope this helps........... Mark

Reply to
mark

Not entirely sure. I made assemblies at home and opened them up at school with an educational version. Opened with no problems, but never printed from there. I never tried to work around the watermark cuz I didn't need to.

Reply to
mark

About $3,700 for the base version, no extras, no subscription

It will run on Vista but runs better on XP.

In the nitch of 3D mechanical design there is no equal when it comes to job opportunities.

searching jobs on monster or craig's list in the engineering category SW jobs outnumber other software packages about 4 to 1.

Reply to
Chris Darwin