How to.... 2nd monitor?

How do I set up a second monitor within SW?

Reply to
happy

Does your video card support two monitors? I have a socket for a LCD screen and a socket for a CRT monitor. I like the dual screens because I don't have to constantly be flipping through windows to work on different tasks.

If it doesn't have two ports, I believe you can purchase a magic box to output to multiple monitors.

Keith

PS I have a CRT on the LCD port via an adapter.

Reply to
Keith Streich

My video card (nvidea 1000) does support two monitors. I have them both plugged in but only one displays.

Reply to
happy

Check out your advanced settings in the display properties.

Keith

PS Nview may have buttons to activate the second monitor.

Reply to
Keith Streich

"happy" wrote in news:UD7rc.2774$Tn6.1549 @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Right-click on your desktop, go to properties, and the settings tab. You should see two boxes, numbered 1 and 2. If you dont see the two boxes, make sure both monitors are plugged in, hooked up, and turned on when you boot.

Click on box #2, and this will enable "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor". Once you've got that working you can drag the boxes to tell windows the physical arrangement of your monitors.

You may also need hit the advanced button, qo to the Quadro tab, then go to "nView Display Mode" in the flyout on the left side. I use the Dualview mode. You might like span mode. You'll have to experiment.

The procedure varies depending on the driver version you have, so you'll probably have to experimnet. If yo ugo to the nVidia web site and poke around, you can find a manual for your version, which should give the specific procedures, and tell you more about the display modes.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Thanks! Now.... how do you utilize the second monitor?

I'd like to put the drawing area on one and the toolbars on another but I don't know how to seperate them.

Reply to
happy

open a program and drag it to the 2nd monitor.... then open the next program you want to run....

Reply to
Jack

"happy" wrote in news:dH8rc.2839$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Generally, SW stays on my primary monitor. The last time I tried, The toolbars will only stay outside the SW window for the current session. In the next session, they are moved back into the SW window.

I keep windows explorer, outlook, and the task manager (for memory and CPU usage) open on the second monitor. If I have some reference document that I'm working from, a .pdf, or a .dwg, or a supplier's web site, that's usually on the second monitor too.

Reply to
Dale Dunn