I need a dummy..

Hi all.. I have a client that would like me to produce an image for an advert for him. He would like me to add a crash test dummy to a cross section of one of his products ( it will look like a car). Would any one have such a model, or a link to where i might find one that i can use for this brief?

Thanks in advance guys and gals.

Reply to
mechmanau

Go to the SW website and look for solution partners. I think there is one that had mannequins. Don't know if that would pass as a dummy, but it might.

Reply to
TOP

Or use "Poser" and get a manequin from there. Export it as an OBJ, convert it to STL...

Mike Tripoli

Reply to
Mike Tripoli

Mike,

What do you use to go from OBJ to STL? I find that the STL from Poser doesn't read into SW too well (poser 5).

Just curious.

Thanks,

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

I also found that .DXF and .STL is not an answer., even if I bring it into Acad then to SW. SW just crashes. What does the OBJ format do to ease import for SW?

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

I have Polytrans from Okino

If you do alot of this stuff (converting poly models) it works well enough. There are also a few free object convertors for OBJ and STL...

Some people use Accutrans...

I've tried it, but wasn't thrilled with it's performance...

I cut Sw a break when it comes to this stuff; it's not really designed to be a poly mesh editor. I've found in the past that I can import things as "graphic" (under oprtions), but for solids, it has a problem...

Mike Tripoli

Reply to
Mike Tripoli

Now how bout we get back to the dummy....

How bout this link, I am sure with some split lines and some coloring you could make this look good.

it is at
are some good models there

Ben

Reply to
Ben

Hey, leave me out of this!

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

Check out

The User Library has some models in the Humans section.

Reply to
scota

Tried posting this yesterday and nouthing? Try 2