Drawing templates

I am using Solidworks 2005 and the drawing templates have disappeared. Does anyone know what did I do to cause this and how do I get them back?

Terry

Reply to
Terry

When you say they dissappeared what do you mean exactly?

Reply to
TOP

Is it your company's customized templates that disappeared. Most likely you forgot to back them up before you upgraded to 2005. I believe that SW loads all new templates into the default location, eliminating your templates. Or someone may have remembered to copy them to another location but forgot to move them back.

Another possibility is that the location for the templates got moved. Check in Tools/Options/System Options/File Locations/Document Templates. I believe the default location is C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\data\templates.

Jerry Steiger