I was told there is a macro out there that...

I was told there is a macro out there that converts a drawing, or a flat pattern outline, into polylines. We have a client that needs DXF's or DWG's in polyline format so their cnc plasma can use the files, would be nice to not have to import into the DWG editor and have to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie

One can save solidwork's drawings to a .dwg or .dxf. I believe it will only save separate lines, not polylines. The cnc programs I've experienced do not require polylines, just lines and you specify the start direction for each.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

I will have to play with the cnc program I highly suspect that the company does not know what the cnc is capable of. I figure they were told that poly would be best and interpreted it as you have to have poly lines.

Ben

Still would be nice to have a macro to do this though

Keith Streich wrote:

Reply to
Ben Eadie