Laptop specific Graphics Cards

I know that Quadro cards in laptops are becoming more available - but can anyone tell me which other laptop specific cards are running SWX adequately.

Kev

Reply to
alphawave

Kev,

Here is what we've tested so far for our upcoming 2008 release:

Recommended Graphic Cards for SolidWorks 2008

Laptop NVIDIA ATI Quadro FX3500M ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5250 Quadro FX2500M ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5200 Quadro FX1500M Quadro FX350

Will work with SolidWorks 2008 RealView but not *Recommended (*performance can be choppy)

Laptop NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1400

Reply to
mbiasotti

That's all good stuff and would you know it my current laptop's got a FX Go 1400 but maybe I can update that?

Maybe I need to re-phrase my question:

A) Which laptops have the option of the above Quadro cards?

B) If Quadro cards are not an option from a - which cards are currently being used successfully out there ( I'm specifically thinking Ultra-Portable laptops 12"- 13" screen max)

Kev

Reply to
alphawave

Kev,

If you have the Dell M70 with the FX Go 1400, you can upgrade. It will cost around £330 if you do it yourself. I will try to find the web site that completed this upgrade and return with the address. (if I find it again!, lol)

Reply to
pete

Found it, is a great tutorial!

Reply to
pete

Thanks for the info Pete - but mines a 17" Alienware M7700

Kev

Reply to
alphawave