Logitech MX400

Has anyone used this mouse with SW. The wheel apparently can scroll in two axis, (ie. up and down and left and right).

Thanks,

EdT

Reply to
Ed

Ed,

Yeah, I have one. I ended up disabling the left/right ability due to my dexterity, or lack of, issues. It seemed cool at first, but it got to where I was always going up and to the right and down and to the left. Driving the mouse like I was drunk. If I had time, I am sure I could get used to it. Every now and then I wished I had it enabled.

Reaper.

Reply to
Reaper2561

Same here, I disabled the left/right wheel scroll cause it was messing up when rotating the model. Plus the wheel is hard to push down......I wouldn't buy it again.

Reply to
Jason

Got to agree... all these new roller, left, right, in, out, shake it all about scroll wheels make it difficult to use the middle button! the amount of times i zoom in or out when i want to rotate drives me up the wall!

Try the microsoft laptop laser mouse if you need to make yourself feel better, it is the worst of the lot! you will go back to your logitech scroll wheel and wonder why you ever moaned about it :)

Reply to
jburtonSW

I have one and like it a lot - but I'm also using a 3d controller in the left hand, so I'm not needing to use the wheel for a third button. I like the two buttons for and aft of the scroll wheel. I have them set up as "enter" and "delete" keys.

Reply to
Stabil

Speaking of mice, I am always trying to improve the ergonomics while working on SW especially when it comes to the efficiency of my hand movements. I have a keyboard with the num pad on the left, several hot keys set for common commands on the left side of the keyboard; Q for delete, S for sketch line, C for sketch circle, D for dimension, etc. Wish I could afford a Space Pilot (boss won't spring for it). My mouse sensitivity is set for minimal movement. I periodically put talcum powder under my mouse to reduce "stiction" ( slight sticking before the mouse moves)- -AKA bearings. It really helps - nothing worse then a sticky mouse.

-Rob

Reply to
321design