looking for CAD technical illustrator who . . .

. . . can render our small parts into 3d CAD drawings suitable for CNC production. snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Charles Ackerman

Hello

What is "CAD technical illustrator" ?

Best Regards, J. J.

Reply to
Jerry.J

Do you have an example? I might have a whack at this...

We use Lightwave 3D and Maxwell Renderer for renderers. Can take native SW files and output them in various 3D formats for renderering. We do not use Photoworks (ever...).

Mike Tripoli

Reply to
Mike Tripoli

I did this type of work for a local design firm. Now I am doing forensic investigation illustrations. I Use SW, Rhino, A.I. and Photoshop.

Cheers, Brad

Reply to
Brad

Charles,

I think you've got you terminology somewhat confused. Renderings are totally usless for downstream CNC.

Do you mean that you want your parts "modeled" so that they can be "programed" in a CAM system ????

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Too funny! as someone else who passed on Photoworks...

Charles,

If you are indeed looking for a technical illustrator, I am currently taking SolidWorks parts and assemblies into 3ds max and can render out photorealistic JPEGs or TIFFs. or vector line art (EPS, Flash, etc.) for a more illustrated look.

Joel

JoelH

. . . can render our small parts into 3d CAD drawings suitable for CNC production. snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - Factory

I agree what the heck is a CNC operator going to do with a rendering.

"WOW!! A pretty picture...." is all I would get from the guys here. Well they might laugh a little. But marketing loves them.

Reply to
CS

Set Up documents that referenced cosmetics.

Reply to
J. R. Carroll

ren·der (rndr) tr.v. ren·dered, ren·der·ing, ren·ders 1.. To submit or present, as for consideration, approval, or payment: render a bill. 2.. To give or make available; provide: render assistance. I think what he wanted was for some to render (to make) a 3D model form what he has, maybe a 2D drawing or napkin sketch? We in the CAD/Computer industry see render, and immediately think of CGI. And, Charles, if that is indeed the case, I would love to have a look.

Muggs

begin 666 ebreve.gif M1TE&.#EA!P`/`/ ``/___P```"'Y! $`````+ `````'``\```(4A ^!H

Reply to
Muggs

ren·der (rndr) tr.v. ren·dered, ren·der·ing, ren·ders 1.. To submit or present, as for consideration, approval, or payment: render a bill. 2.. To give or make available; provide: render assistance. I think what he wanted was for some to render (to make) a 3D model form what he has, maybe a 2D drawing or napkin sketch? We in the CAD/Computer industry see render, and immediately think of CGI. And, Charles, if that is indeed the case, I would love to have a look.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

WOW! Sorry for the unintended attachments. Admin please delete!

Thanks, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

. . . can render our small parts into 3d CAD drawings suitable for CNC production. snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com