Software Validation

Good Afternoon. Does anyone know is solidworks Cosmos has any information about software validation information for FEA?

I believe PTC - Mechanica have information that they readily give?

Cheers

Reply to
paul.turner

If you mean benchmarking exercises, NAFEMS have their own validations that they use for various FE codes. The benchmarks are more forn validating types of element tho' : beams, shells, membranes and solids.

Failing that, you could try modelling some well defined theoretical problems like beams and plates (Roarks is a good source for hand calcs and suchlike)

Martin

Reply to
wurz

"wurz" wrote in news:1117628234.632243.232080 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Upon installation Cosmos puts several pdf in the install directory. I believe there are validation documents showing software correlation to real world experiments. I've seen them for floworks specifically. I'm not too sure about Cosmos FEA.

I'd bet any VAR could get these in you hands for your inspection.

For floworks, I found:

These may be in a subscription only area.

MHill

Reply to
MHill

No, I don't think they do.

In Cosmos/M they provide a set of files to validate various capabilities. In CosmosWorks or DesignStar they don't although you will find some comparisons here and there.

Reply to
TOP

Just had a look in my COSMOSWorks install dir - there are some parts in ..\examples\verification but there are no documents I can find that support these parts (analysis type etc)

There are COSMOS analyses set up for the parts tho' (B4.sldprt is a classic Euler column buckling). Seems odd to provide verification models, but no documentation to describe the problem, BC's, loads and expected result...

Off to the COSMOS website to see if that will shed any light........

Martin

Reply to
wurz