Linde Utility Welder any good?

I have a friend that is looking for a cheap stick welder. He would be doing
some fairly heavy stuff. Working on plow, backhoe and dump truck. I saw a
"Linde Utility Welder" 230 Stick Welder for $100. I did a search on the net
and couldn't find any info about this welder other than Linde welders were
bought out by ESAB. It is a green and yellow machine. I have not seen it
up close does any one know if it is AC/DC or anything about it. I was
thinking about giving him one of my welders to use but if this is any good I
would spend the $100 for him.
Thanks
Jim
Reply to