Looking for Point Cloud 3D Scanning Services

I know this is OT, but does anybody have any experience getting large parts laser scanned? I need to find somebody who has the capability to scan a large fiberglass molded canopy type object, and produce a solid CAD model. The part is about 48" x 60".

Any help or sources would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

Reply to
Rich D

Where are you located? There are a number of companies doing that sort of thing. We had about 1/2 of a rather large aircraft done and converted to a surface.

Steve R

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

Steve:

I am located > Where are you located? There are a number of companies doing that sort of

Reply to
Rich D

Steve:

I am located > Where are you located? There are a number of companies doing that sort of

Reply to
Rich D

I'm in Canada so no help for NJ, but a web search should bring up a bunch of companies doing this kind of work.

Steve R

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

We used a service called QC Inspection Services. They have several locations. You can check em out at

did a housing cover for a Triumph. They can generate both the point cloud and also make a solid model out of the point cloud as well if you haven't got Scanto3D from 2007.

Rich D wrote:

With his white light scanner he can do any size part (for instance, he does a lot of automative panels) You can send part to him, or I know he has traveled to scan objects at his client's sites.

Reply to
ed1701