Looking for Point Cloud 3D Scanning Services

I know this is OT, but does anybody have any experience getting large
parts laser scanned? I need to find somebody who has the capability to
scan a large fiberglass molded canopy type object, and produce a solid
CAD model. The part is about 48" x 60".
Any help or sources would be greatly appreciated.
Rich
Reply to
Rich D
Where are you located? There are a number of companies doing that sort of thing. We had about 1/2 of a rather large aircraft done and converted to a surface.
Steve R
Reply to
Steve Reinisch
Steve:
I am located in NJ. I have a client who I am doing some work for that needs this service. He wants me to handle the conversion for him. I was hoping to find somebody as close to my location as possible.
Rich Steve Re> Where are you located? There are a number of companies doing that sort of
Reply to
Rich D
Steve:
I am located in NJ. I have a client who I am doing some work for that needs this service. He wants me to handle the conversion for him. I was hoping to find somebody as close to my location as possible.
Rich Steve Re> Where are you located? There are a number of companies doing that sort of
Reply to
Rich D
I'm in Canada so no help for NJ, but a web search should bring up a bunch of companies doing this kind of work.
Steve R
Reply to
Steve Reinisch
We used a service called QC Inspection Services. They have several locations. You can check em out at
did a housing cover for a Triumph. They can generate both the point cloud and also make a solid model out of the point cloud as well if you haven't got Scanto3D from 2007.
Rich D wrote:
With his white light scanner he can do any size part (for instance, he does a lot of automative panels) You can send part to him, or I know he has traveled to scan objects at his client's sites.
Reply to
ed1701