Maintenance

The old chestnut of maintenance has reared its head again. Looking back at our requirements over the past 12 months and how many times we have used support I cannot justify the cost of having VAR (still makes me laugh) maintenance. Has anyone gone their own way and just paid for upgrades once a year? If so how and was it good for you?

Reply to
Chris Newman

Man if you figure out a way to do that it would be golden to me and many many other users I know. My resellers support sucks at best. I am totally wasting my money with them. I would be happy to just pay for upgrades and use my network for help.

Ben

Reply to
Ben

"Ben" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@u32g2000prd.googlegroups.com...

Here (France), maintenance is 1500 Eu/yr, and upgrade 1195Eu. You still have to pay the "not faithfull penalty" of 500 Eu if you missed one year (or more).

Reply to
Jean Marc

We pay =C2=A31500 (just under =E2=82=AC2200) for SW Premium per seat. I hav= e no idea how we would go about going "upgrade only".

Reply to
Chris Newman

We quit mainanance one and a half year ago. So i am stuck with sw 2006 for now. No regrets till know. I used the 1500 euro i saved for rhino 4 with maxwell render ( 1395 dollar / euro see maxwellrender.com). I had problems with importing files into solidworks from another client of ours (can not open file). So i tried with rhino 4 .....and it worked . I could do a visual check on the assembly. I tried to repair the file so i could read it in sw , but that was harder than i thougt.

I quit maintance before and when we updated sw 2004 we did have to pay reinstalation fee. but if you can wait 3 years you can buy a complete new installation for that price.

At the moment i am also looking at VX , because this package has a cam module intergrated . The few things i have done in VX where very impresive . So maybe we will switch to that or use it next to solidworks.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Bram

It is not the employer who pays wages, he only handles the money. It is the product that pays wages.

Henry Ford

"Chris Newman" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@c18g2000prb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
bvw