Is there any public library of G-codes

I would like to know if there is a website, that is a public repository of G codes. Say, G-code to make an AK-47 receiver, or some
other common household items or naked woman sculptures like on youtube. Sort of like CPAN for perl modules.
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:15:44 -0500, Ignoramus12838

First of all...you have to determine which of several hundred G-codes you need.......G-codes that run a Fadal, will not necessarily run a Makino, and so forth. And the sequence and order they will run on.
OmniTurns will run a shitload of commands on a single line. "Sometimes."
Others require a line for each command.
And so forth. G-code is a generic name for a particular type of programming..but its not a graven in stone language like...say...High Mandarin, or British English (London)
As for libraries...there are a few out there..but for such things as AK parts...most folks are going to be very very circumscript with access to them.
Gunner

Certainly if I develop G code for an AK receiver, I will post it publicly on my website.
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:08:06 -0500, Ignoramus12838

Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.
Gunner

Well, this is speech, so I cannot see how it could be illegal.
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:57:45 -0500, Ignoramus12838

You have to be very, very careful dealing with anything (even indirectly) to do with arms, nuclear, and space, including documents in any form- that kind of speech is NOT free.

Well, maybe you can find some specific US law, that disallows posting G codes for receivers, then I would be open to changing my mind.
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:38:26 -0500, the renowned Ignoramus12838

Read the ITAR regulations, which are rather broad in scope. Posting is equivalent to exporting, probably even if the computer system is only accessible from within the US.
I do not take my work laptop on any overseas flights.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Maybe you can read ITAR regulations since you are the one claiming it to be illegal. AK-47 is not even a US weapons system and its specifications are a matter of common knowledge. ITAR is obsolete and products covered by it, such as encryption systems, are publicly available worldwide.
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:54:47 -0500, Ignoramus12838

But has ITAR been removed?
Gunner
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:54:47 -0500, the renowned Ignoramus12838

AFAIUI, ALL firearms are on the US munitions list (under Category 1).
http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/dtrade/documents/DTrade_DSP_5_Instructions.pdf http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c fr&sidFf19c36619a5981de57f60508e8b703&rgn=div5&view=text&node":1.0.1.13.64&idno"#22:1.0.1.13.64.0.32.2
Note that it's not inherently illegal, just illegal to do without asking (and receiving) permission in advance, like most such things.

Since when did regulations have to make sense?
I agree the personal risk is probably very low in this case, but I don't think the G-codes are already public domain which is the only explicit exclusion.

Well, I agree. It's certainly hurting US manufacturers. We have to keep even the spec sheets and pinouts for some products under lock and key and they *do* come and inspect our security, and our stuff is nothing to do with military products, just really high tech instrumentation that has to be used in aircraft worldwide. Buy a similar product from a French or Russian company and the problems go away. I'm sure they're delighted, the US stuff is generally cheaper and about as good, so otherwise it would be preferred. In fact if the European item is imported to the US, the US government may not allow it leave!
Having gone to seminars etc. I can actually see where they are coming from-- if data was used to produce items that were then used to kill civilans, US or NATO soldiers in job lots.. but it's gotten silly.
Despite the silliness, the potential penalties are severe though.. and it would be foolish to trust government folks with that kind of power over one, IMHO.
Did you ever subscribe to Foreign Affairs? There was a good article on ITAR reform late last year:
http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/65502/mitchel-b-wallerstein/losing-controls
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
2010 21:54:47 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    A law may be old, it may be out dated (e.G., The Mining Act of 1872), it may even be obsolete - but it is still the law. Just because the existence of a the AK-47 is nie universal, and kids in the NW Territories of Pakistan are making them with screwdrivers and nail files, does not mean that you can legally manufacture one in your own shop (Unless you are a felon and live in California, in which case the 9th Circuit ruled that the restrictions do not apply - interesting application of the Interstate Commerce clause.). And just because encryption systems are available world wide proves 'nothing' - they were distributed despite and in defiance of the law. (That includes PGP, et alia.)     You post the G-codes for an AK-47, even one which is a semi-automatic version, and the BATFE will descend upon you like a horde of parasites, because they are a dangerous as they are clueless. And they will arrest you for violation of the act, and it will be up to you to convince a jury of your peers (if your peers include those who can't get out of jury duty) that you did, in fact, not violate the law you violated by posting the G-Codes.
    Secondly, what a good government might not do, has no relationship with what a bad government will do. And bad governments have been known to attempt to suppress further publication of technologies mentioned in works of fiction. Barak Obama is correct at least this once: the easiest thing for a bureaucrat to do is nothing: To forbid.
    In this era of reduced revenue, be aware that after the BATFE raids your shop, they will bring along OSHA, EPA, FAA, PTA, PETA, SEC, FCC, the Patient Office, NAALCP, MIC KEY MOU SE, CPS, HSS, HUD, the IRS, and Ralph the Wonder Fink, to make sure you are in compliance with every law, regulation and interpretation, whim and desire of government (Or NGO) employees. My advice: keep your passport and cash stashed off site where you can get at them, assuming you make bail.
Gluck
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich

It is legal to manufacture any gun that is legal to have in your state.

I smell bullshit.

I smell even more bullshit. I would not even dare to guess out of where you pulled it.
Check out http://www.cncguns.com/downloads.html , they offer drawings of many popular gun models.

Time to go back to reality.

Yup. Even handguns. There are some rules you must obey.

Mom wants some for her garden.

A one man hobby shop is immune to OSHA. We had MiOSHA go after our club when a member had a high level on a blood test. Guy has a basement range, is a CCW instructor, range safety officer, serious shooter, ect. We don't have *ANY* employees. MiOsha overstepped and backed off.
I'd get a bit worried about posting G code for a full auto varient, just because the feds have more time and money than you and if you need to pay for a lawyer, they just won even if you prevail. Semi auto stuff, go for it.
Wes

That may be federal law, but some states don't allow it. NJ, for example.

State law can be more restrictive than federal law. I can't license a suppressor or any other NFA arm in Michigan afaikt. There seems to be some sketchy ground with machineguns on the currio list but I'm not that brave to test it.
As I mentioned to Iggy, if you have to hire a lawyer, they won. At least at my paygrade.
Wes

    The weird part, here in Washington - you are permitted (with the right permits) to own a Silencer. It is forbidden to use one, but you can own one. I always ask "So, if I use the silencer, who's going to hear about it?"

    Lawyers are like nukes, you pray you never need one, but when you need one, you need a big one.
pyotr =pyotr filipivich "We are today in the most literal sense a lawless society, for our law has ceased to be law and become instead its opposite -- mere force at the disposal of whoever is at the controls." Charles A. Reich, _Peters Quotations_, (c) 1977.

    That may be the way it was. But I'm reading of more and more cases where the Agency doesn't try and bring you into compliance on the first complaint, but fines you for your violation. It is one means of getting revenue.
    Ever wonder why Airlines have started tacking on so many fees? Because the fees they charge aren't covered as part of the Ticket, which is subject to tax. If private businesses can figure out how to raise revenue without having to raise prices - do you think government agencies aren't capable of learning how to raise revenue without raising taxes?
tschus pyotr

    Semi auto is "okay" - just remember, there are people in positions of power and authority, who cannot tell the difference between a machine gun, an assault rifle, and a sporterized civilian model. And then there are the idiots who report every death involving a firearm with a machine gun graphic.
tschus pyotr =pyotr filipivich "We are today in the most literal sense a lawless society, for our law has ceased to be law and become instead its opposite -- mere force at the disposal of whoever is at the controls." Charles A. Reich, _Peters Quotations_, (c) 1977.
2010 12:13:50 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    Good. Can you make a Real AK-47 in California? Can you legally own one in California? Or Washington State? Something tells me you can't - RCW section 9 for the State of Washington.

    No, really. The BATFE really are dangerous. Just ask Randy Weaver's wife. Or Conway LeBleu, Steven David Willis, Todd W. McKeehan and Robert J. Williams. Might even ask David Koresh for that matter. Oh wait, sorry, they're all dead. "Never mind." Remember, they're from the Government, and they're here to prove it.     The BATF also have a reputation for not exactly hiring out of the deep end of the gene pool.

    Drawing =/= g-codes.

    In this day and age, the reality is:
"We are today in the most literal sense a lawless society, for our law has ceased to be law and become instead its opposite -- mere force at the disposal of whoever is at the controls." Charles A. Reich, _Peters Quotations_, (c) 1977.
    and that means, that yes, BATFE will likely raid your place, to stay in favor with the budget writers. And any agency which can come up with an excuse will also investigate. And you will be found in non-compliance, and subject to fines.
    Or can you guarantee that you are not in violation of any part of a Federal Code long deemed sufficient to edict a ham sandwich?     I'm not.

Yeah, sort of.

47 and 74 both.
> Something tells me you
Are are the same sort of ignorant moron American's have degenerated into.
HTH