Is there any public library of G-codes

I would like to know if there is a website, that is a public
repository of G codes. Say, G-code to make an AK-47 receiver, or some
other common household items or naked woman sculptures like on
youtube. Sort of like CPAN for perl modules.
Reply to
Ignoramus12838
First of all...you have to determine which of several hundred G-codes you need.......G-codes that run a Fadal, will not necessarily run a Makino, and so forth. And the sequence and order they will run on.
OmniTurns will run a shitload of commands on a single line. "Sometimes."
Others require a line for each command.
And so forth. G-code is a generic name for a particular type of programming..but its not a graven in stone language like...say...High Mandarin, or British English (London)
As for libraries...there are a few out there..but for such things as AK parts...most folks are going to be very very circumscript with access to them.
Gunner
One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Certainly if I develop G code for an AK receiver, I will post it publicly on my website.
Ignoramus12838
Many many people will be interested. Including the BATF.
Gunner
One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Well, this is speech, so I cannot see how it could be illegal.
Ignoramus12838
You have to be very, very careful dealing with anything (even indirectly) to do with arms, nuclear, and space, including documents in any form- that kind of speech is NOT free.
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany
Well, maybe you can find some specific US law, that disallows posting G codes for receivers, then I would be open to changing my mind.
Ignoramus12838
Gunner Asch fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:
nah... not even a little. They don't care if you make a receiver, no matter who you are. They care if you make full-auto weapons. They care a LOT if you sell it or use it without the appropriate licensing.
LLoyd
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
Oh..its certainly not illegal!
However..manufacture of variations of the AK is seriously frowned on by certain governmental agencies..including those in your state.
Even though manufacturing one in semi auto, for personal use..is very very legal visa vis Federal Law.
There are by now...many many thousands of prints for ARs on the net..but the first guys who posted them..were watched like a hawk for years. The prints for Stens and whatnot are readily availble all over the internet, so Im sure many many thousands of smiths, home builders and so forth would love to have a set of prints for the AK!
Im glad you are willing to be a pioneer!
Gunner
One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Google "AK 47 receiver flats" and you will find kits that sell a flat plate with all the holes in them. Then you have to bend and weld/rivet.
You could reverse engineer a flat. If you find a drawing with dimensions of a flat, please post a link.
Wes
The AKs came in two versions..Milled and sheetmetal. Much like the SKS.
The sheetmetal versions..shrug..work as intended. All one needs is a finger break and some time.
The milled versions...
One assumes you can still read Russian?

As I indicated...there are sources out there that wont get you looked at in your state......
Gunner
Gunner
One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch
Reply to
Gunner Asch
correct.
Ignoramus12838
I'm gonna call BS on this one.
If you develop your own code, then it's yours.
Develop your own intellectual property?
Reply to
cavelamb
this is a depot level repair manual. Very handy to have.
the links do not work
this looks extremely promising
This is great. thanks
Ignoramus12838
cavelamb fired this volley in news:LoWdnVG1G4qyO6LRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:
Which? Your quotation included both stances. Are you saying that it's BS that ATF would care, or that they would not?
I infer that you mean "BS" against the case that ATF would care.
LLoyd
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
with all the

Za vashe zdarovie
And yes..I know what I just said.....
Gunner
One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch
Reply to
Gunner Asch
No. It's about who owns the rights to intellectual property...
Reply to
cavelamb
Well, yes, the code is mine, but I choose to share it with the world. I would release the code under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Ignoramus12838
with all the

Awesome.
Ignoramus12838
Some people seem to think that this would be an actionable action - because it's for a gun.
But there is no freaking way you can turn out an AK-47 as cheap or as accurate as those already on the free market.
There is such a HUGE difference between carving out one weapon - even if it's PERFECT, as opposed to turning out a thousand a day.
Given time to perfect you codes - iterations count - MAYbe. But production is what matters to ATF. Not a single hand made (even by G-code) weapon...
Reply to
cavelamb